Most efficient way to share files between two computers

I just bought a new MacBook pro to use when traveling. What's the most efficient/easiest way to make sure all edits are made to a single file to be used on both my iMac and MacBook?

Any comments on MobileMe/iCloud?

I really love this forum...I've learned so much here....so thanks.

Tele...

Given your iMac is still running Tiger according to your sig at least.. Then utilizing iCloud's file sharing features such as Airdrop, is not possible/viable.. and bearing in mind MobileMe's iDisk will be going away in the near future (Unless Apple change their mind) there seems little point in investing time into making that work...

I'd go the route triplets suggested and simply share them over your network... You might even want to set up an external HD (Preferably a FW800 ) as a share and save/load from both computers if you are connected via Ethernet... Not sure how much a performance hit using WiFi would cause during file transfers.. Maybe others would have more insight into this?

Thanks everyone....

Yes, I'm talking only Logic files here.

I'm running OS 10.6.8 on the iMac and Lion on the laptop.

I like triplets suggestion...thanks.

If I upgrade to Lion on the iMac...is iCloud viable? The reason ask is that often my computers will be on different coasts and I don't want to have two versions of all Logic files.

Again...thanks....