'static' clicks when recording vocal track

sunny4

Hi everybody

First, apologies that this is not a new topic but a follow up to one I posted last July. (Being a novice computer user I've not been able to find the original posting but just wanted to share the final result of the above problem I was having).

After extensive trouble-shooting and testing of equipment it was finally obvious that the fault lay in the Audio/Midi interface - the E-MU 0404. I still don't know technically what the fault was so decided to replace it with another interface - this time with a firewire unit - Focusrite Saffire Pro24DSP which seems to be good.

Thanks again to all who contributed and helped me towards a solution,

Sunny4

...so I'll have to get some help in checking out the Google Chrome that you mention.

No, I thought that maybe you were using Google Chrome because it doesn't work well with this site (and others).

Not using Chrome is a GOOD thing.

Out of interest, which browser are you using?

Thanks for taking the trouble Rev. Juda$ Sleaze

No trouble, it's too early to be creative, and I'm having to keep an eye on a download. It's a case of "nothing better to do, so I might as well be useful!" :lol:

I know what you mean about 'too early to be creative' - I'm struggling to make sense of something in Logic - which may turn into a posting when I get to the 'banging head on wall' point :lol:

Right, I get your point about Google Chrome - thanks.

As far as 'which browser do you use' - what's a browser? (hangs head in shame :? :? ) If Google is one, then that is what I use.

(Sorry, this is so basic that I'm sure you'll find watching your download riveting after this! :lol:

sunny4

(Sorry, this is so basic that I'm sure you'll find watching your download riveting after this! :lol:

:lol:

Your web browser is the programme you open up when you go on the internet. It should tell you the name of the programme on the top-left corner of your screen, next to the apple.

Most likely to be Safari, Firefox or Google Chrome. Possibly even Microsoft Internet Explorer, but that's less likely.

Hi Rev. Juda$ Sleaze

Sorted it!

Reading your last message again I realised that I've only ever logged in to Logic Pro Help when I've posted a new topic, so now, by logging in on the first page I do get the options to view my posts!

thanks again for your help :)

sunny4.