9.1.6 rocks!

claesbjo

Well, I must say I´m really happy with this update.

Seems that the dreaded 3rd party au clicks and pops problem is gone..havent run into yet anyway.

Bouncing speed is INCREDIBLE

Automation seems to behave much better.

It feels really stable now, which is all I want. No desperate need for Logic X here, this stuff is solid.

KNOCK ON WOOD

While I've only downloaded it today and done a cursory bit of working with it. So far I'm not seeing any problems with 9.1.6 either.

I can't say that I'm seeing a speed increase in offline bouncing but I do see it using multiple cores. Which may give a perceived feeling of faster bouncing. But I don't have hard data to back that up.

I'm still waiting on WAVES and UAD to go 64 bit before I take the plunge of Lion. UAD announced they're going 64 bit - though left that only to 2012, I'm hoping it's earlier than later. Anyone heard about WAVES?

Uploaded LP 9.1.6 yesterday, had to update to OSX 10.6.8 too, otherwise all went smoothly :roll: (once I found the download)...

Opened up some older projects with no problems, cores seem to be running nicely, all 3rd party plugins running perfectly well...

Seems okey-dokey to me, very glad to have another upgrade to LP 9.1 :D

Mine are still there (32-bit, 10.6.8 )

Is it a Lion thing? Both of you guys with *missing* handles are running Lion - whereas the rest of us are on 10.6.8.

I'm guessing this is default Lion scroll-bar behaviour...

Same here - Handles are there...10.6.8 too

9.1.6 appears very stable - no issues seen as yet.

There's no need for the handles.

You can zoom using:

Ctrl+Option+arrow keys (gives you full control over vertical and horizontal zooming)

Ctrl+Option+mouse scroll up/down (zooms both vertically and horizontally at the same time)

Ctrl+Option+select an area (zooms an area you've selected with the mouse, simply click to zoom back)

Z key for zooming out to see the full arrangement (toggle)

Select regions + Z key to zoom a selection of regions

There are two more ways which are very similar to the Z key.

Maybe Apple expects you to "pinch zoom" on Lion? I'll admit I'm not very interested in using this technique with Logic though. Logic is usually a bit slow to zoom in the arrange window since it has to draw a new level of detail, so I doubt it would respond very smoothly to pinching.

My main zooming method is with the arrow buttons on Logic Control,

Actually Pinch Zoom works just fine... For me it's no different to the Ctrl+Option+mouse scroll up/down method... so your doubts are misplaced! :)

Seriously though.. The 'slowness' will, of course, be dependent on your hardware (maybe in particular your graphics card as well as your CPU..) and what it is capable of handling, load wise...

I use a trackpad and I'd forgotten all about the "Pinch Zoom" feature :oops:

Actually Pinch Zoom works just fine...

+1 here too

Maybe Apple expects you to "pinch zoom" on Lion? . . . . . . . . . Logic is usually a bit slow to zoom in the arrange window since it has to draw a new level of detail, so I doubt it would respond very smoothly to pinching.

I find it to be fast and smooth here :D

I opened my mouth too soon...

Bounces are f*cked up. Both Realtime and Offline bounces are now producing horrible results. Son of a bitch.

Where playback is perfectly fine, the moment I do a bounce I get all kinds of problems with clicks, pops, and weird compressions.

This blows.

Where's that link for 9.1.5 again?

People.

Please make valid backups of your system *before* updating important software.

Things are usually fine, but if you do this you are covered in the event that something unexpected happens.

All you have to do is copy your previous Logic application before updating - that's it. Then you still have it available if you want to go back.

I'd also recommending archiving your downloads of each version, so you always have the download available locally should you need it.

This should be standard operating procedure. And before anyone goes "I shouldn't have to think about this stuff, Apple should just do it for me", then I understand the reasoning, but you really should imo take some responsibility for the smooth running of your system...

People.

Please make valid backups of your system *before* updating important software.

Things are usually fine, but if you do this you are covered in the event that something unexpected happens.

All you have to do is copy your previous Logic application before updating - that's it. Then you still have it available if you want to go back.

I'd also recommending archiving your downloads of each version, so you always have the download available locally should you need it.

This should be standard operating procedure. And before anyone goes "I shouldn't have to think about this stuff, Apple should just do it for me", then I understand the reasoning, but you really should imo take some responsibility for the smooth running of your system...

+1

Edited by TBPlayer

Dont you think that the magnifier glass is the quickest way of zooming? I love that, cant imagine using anything else :)

I use that a LOT myself. Control-Option-drag.

I like the Z key to quickly zoom onto whatever I select, too. Or to quickly show me my entire arrangement when nothing is selected.

Control-Option-arrows when I need to zoom in just a bit vertically or horizontally only and I'm too lazy to go grab the mouse which is aaaaaalll the way to the right of my keyboard. :wink:

Ah, the myriad ways of zooming in Logic... :)

I mostly use command and the cursor arrows to zoom in/out horizontally and vertically, but I also make use of the three storable zoom snapshots, usually having by default 1 set to a wide arrange view, 2 a medium one, and 3 a really hyper zoomed in view, and I'll switch between these a fair bit, also saving updated positions as I'm working depending on the task at hand - I have three adjacent function keys to recall, and add shift to save each one.

Using the zoom handles on the window scroll bars is probably the slowest and least efficient way to zoom, imo...

I've assigned my right mouse button to Control+Option+Click in the mouse preference for the Logic Application and it makes Magnifying awesome.. Right mouse button and lassooooo !!

Makes navigation so quick and as I have most things set to custom key commands, I don't tend to use the right click menus at all. If I do, I just Control + Left Mouse button..