9.1.6 rocks!

claesbjo

I've assigned my right mouse button to Control+Option+Click in the mouse preference for the Logic Application and it makes Magnifying awesome.. Right mouse button and lassooooo !!

How did you do that? I don't see that option in the Logic prefs editing tab.

Oops, found it.... I was looking in the wrong place; it's in the Arrange's upper right. Great idea! I'm gonna try that for a while.

In system preferences.

I'm using a Microsoft Mouse (Intellimouse Explorer II) and the sys pref panel allows you to do many things.

As another example I have one of the left thumb buttons assigned to open the toolbox and the other toggle the automation view (works great with the smart track view). I also have the scroll wheel click to bring up the 'create new track' function.

I should do a little workflow video, as there are a few I things I've got set up that no one seems to have mentioned on any of the user forums before. (getting a bit off topic now sorry).

All good here with 9.1.6 on OSX 10.6.8. I'm not seeing any of the problems people have reported so far. All my plugins like it also(N-I, Korg, Omnisphere and some Arturia stuff...well just look at my signature).

Never used the scroll handles in my life, so if I move to Lion some day, i sure won't miss it. If Apple implement more trackpad gestures in Logic, this I will like.

Blink

Back to 9.1.5 for now. Got it from my own backup. Thanks for the silly scolding.

The question is: Has anyone done some extensive bouncing with 9.1.6 both offline and real time - and compared it to their actual play back from Logic? I'm curious to know if I'm the only experiencing horrendous bouncing in 9.1.6.

Anyone?

The question is: Has anyone done some extensive bouncing with 9.1.6 both offline and real time - and compared it to their actual play back from Logic? I'm curious to know if I'm the only experiencing horrendous bouncing in 9.1.6. Anyone?

No issues here.. Mixed a track earlier this afternoon and bounced down without issue... to both wave and MP3... Much faster bounce and the playback was exactly what I expected.. and am used to with Logic.

These kind of problems that a few people are having.. that don't affect the vast majority of users.. are likely to be caused by slight oddities with their respective systems..

I've been there myself with a weird graphic anomaly in Logic causing me not to be able to see all my plugins in certain rare situations.. that no one else seemed to suffer from.. Eventually it turned out to be an issue with my graphic card and/or driver which, once fixed.. resolved this and was nothing to do with Logic at all, though at the time i would have sworn it was a Logic issue because that was the only program it affected!

I run my system pretty much for Logic only.

I'm now bouncing between 9.1.5 and 9.1.6 and testing several tracks out for bounces. I notice very little speed difference. But I can notice a big sonic difference.

I could post a bounce of a song I'm dealing with right now - bounce out of 9.1.5 is working perfectly as it should. Bounce in 9.1.6 not quite as perfect, chokes and weird compressions happening.

Mind you it plays back perfectly fine in Logic. However, doing a realtime or offline bounce in 9.1.6 yields unusable results.

Done this with several tracks same results.

Here's an example: http://fblaz.in/3ksRBT

Track 915 - is from Logic 9.1.5

Track 916 - is from Logic 9.1.6

Frustrating as It actually plays back fine in Logic itself - it only upon bouncing the track does this happen. F'n weird.

I've assigned my right mouse button to Control+Option+Click in the mouse preference for the Logic Application and it makes Magnifying awesome.. Right mouse button and lassooooo !!

Makes navigation so quick and as I have most things set to custom key commands, I don't tend to use the right click menus at all. If I do, I just Control + Left Mouse button..

If you want a bit more control, take a look at ControllerMate, which lets you automate your mouse to an amazing degree!

http://www.orderedbytes.com/controllermate/