CPU 'hang' after 9.1.6 update

Mania

Does anybody have this CPU 'hang' i am experiencing after the 9.1.6 update? I load up any project and press play then stop. Or i play a logic instrument, then stop everything and the CPU meter hovers around 10-20%. Same thing if i open an empty project then load up lets say ES2 and play a chord. I have already trashed the pref file. Doesn't help I have noticed that if i change the process buffer range in the preferences, the CPU meter calms down. If i play a chord with an instrument then same thing happens, CPU meter still shows load when nothing happens. After changing the process buffer range it calms down again. This happens with using only logic instruments and effects. Thank you for any help in advance.

When you check the Activity Monitor found in your Utility folder.. while this is occurring... Does it only show Logic as using up the majority of your CPU resources or does it also show MDS and/or MDworker (or anything else for that matter) using up a lot of CPU resources too?

Did you go from 9.1.5 to 9.1.6 or did you upgrade an earlier version of Logic?

Are you running Logic in 64 or 32bit mode?

If you create an instrument track and then create an Audio track (but don't add any audio files.. just create the audio track) Play the instrument you created in the instrument track.. and select the audio track when you see this 'busy' CPU indicator.. does the level of CPU usage drop to zero or close to it?

Went from 9.1.5 tried both 32 bit and 64 bit. Same issue. Did as you asked, when i select the audio track the CPU remains busy. But! When i pressed play the CPU usage went back down to zero. Is this the way it supposed to be? Can't remember anything like this in 9.1.5