NI-Abbey Roads Modern Drums.

I ordered it, it won't install. The file is a iso ext., it mounts but when writing the files it simply gives an error. The NI site has no telephone support that i see. When asking for what product i'm asking support for (for email reply), my product isn't listed. Os. is lion. Any suggestions :?:

Well.. I can tell you that the Modern, 80's and 90's versions all works with Lion and Kontakt 5 because I'm using them.....

Sounds like your download got corrupted... It happens...

Try downloading it again and then mount it using the Disk Utility in your Applications/Utility folder...

Additional:

Bear in mind it will only save to and install from your internal system drive or another Mac extended formatted drive.. It will not save to or install correctly from, a Fat32 drive... due to it's size..

Well.. I can tell you that the Modern, 80's and 90's versions all works with Lion and Kontakt 5 because I'm using them.....

Sounds like your download got corrupted... It happens...

Try downloading it again and then mount it using the Disk Utility in your Applications/Utility folder...

----------------------------------------

Thanks, but this would have been the 3rd download. I tried with the disk utility, no go. Installing to main drive etc. Whats the reason it chooses the 'shared' folder to install in? I never picked that option just the hard drive but it wants to default to shared folder for install. Other programs install just fine.

:shock:

It installs to the Users/shared folder so any user on your computer can access the sample set.

I'm not sure why you are having this issue given you are installing to your system drive. I've seen this problem before when installing to an external drive when the drive was formatted as a Fat32 drive.. but not to the system drive...

What is the exact error you get when installing?

It installs to the Users/shared folder so any user on your computer can access the sample set.

I'm not sure why you are having this issue given you are installing to your system drive. I've seen this problem before when installing to an external drive when the drive was formatted as a Fat32 drive.. but not to the system drive...

What is the exact error you get when installing?

'Installation Failed. The installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer.'

This occurs during the writing of files. I guess i'll just have to send through their support page, problem is my product isn't in an option for a 'required field' to finish and send the support request. I'm guessing my product is Komplete Instruments and effects/ Drums/ AbbeyRoad Modern Drums, but it doesn't appear to be a choice in a given field. I'll keep working on it, should i bone up on Low German or High German when i phone telephone support?

Ah!

I have seen this error in the past when i was trying to install Alicia Keys Piano.... on my own computer and another NI Sample set (Can't recall which one) on a clients...

There were two solutions I used.. Please try them in this order.

I am assuming you have either K5 Player or K5 itself installed already on your computer? (If not you need to do so for Modern Drums to install correctly so if by chance you didn't do this first.. do so now and try installing again)

If you have K5 or K5 Player installed (and not K4 because it no longer works with a newly downloaded NI sample set) then.....

1) First delete the partially installed files from the User/Shared folder and the older downloaded NI files from the downloads folder.. leaving behind the latest attempt at downloading file (If you are absolutely sure it downloaded ok.. Did you use their Download Manager?) . Repair permissions. Mount and install. That fixed my issue with Alicia Keys.

2) Login as Root and install from there... When finished logout as Root and login as your normal user. Point K5 to the folder in User/Shared and Add Library . That resolved my client's issue.

If you don't know how to login as Root.. then use these instructions but be warned.. Root can be a dangerous 'thing' in the wrong hands so please sign out of Root and remove access to Root when done unless you really know what you are doing....

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1528

Ah!

I have seen this error in the past when i was trying to install Alicia Keys Piano.... on my own computer and another NI Sample set (Can't recall which one) on a clients...

There were two solutions I used.. Please try them in this order.

I am assuming you have either K5 Player or K5 itself installed already on your computer? (If not you need to do so for Modern Drums to install correctly so if by chance you didn't do this first.. do so now and try installing again)

If you have K5 or K5 Player installed (and not K4 because it no longer works with a newly downloaded NI sample set) then.....

1) First delete the partially installed files from the User/Shared folder and the older downloaded NI files from the downloads folder.. leaving behind the latest attempt at downloading file (If you are absolutely sure it downloaded ok.. Did you use their Download Manager?) . Repair permissions. Mount and install. That fixed my issue with Alicia Keys.

2) Login as Root and install from there... When finished logout as Root and login as your normal user. Point K5 to the folder in User/Shared and Add Library . That resolved my client's issue.

If you don't know how to login as Root.. then use these instructions but be warned.. Root can be a dangerous 'thing' in the wrong hands so please sign out of Root and remove access to Root when done unless you really know what you are doing....

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1528

K5 is installed. I used the Safari download manager. There is a download link provided in an email for the software but i used the web site 'my account', link, i assume they're one in the same. I'll check. First option failed. I know how to log in as root, what next? Do i use the terminal to type commands? What commands? Thanks for your time. I'll download again from the email link then i'll be in touch.

No.. Root is just like a form of Super Admin account... so you just login in Root at the Login screen and download 'Modern' as normal using Safari... and then install from that version you downloaded.

Root should allow you to install no matter what so long as the file is not corrupt as it should override any weird permission issues present that don't show up during a Permissions fix....

Sorry i have to ask this.. but...

Is your K5 a legit version?

I ask because i know that you cannot install some legit libraries using a non-legit version of K5 and if you have a non-legit version of K5 installed as well as a legit K5 Player, that causes issues too.

Finally, did you always get that same error from the 1st install attempt onwards or if you can recall, did you get a different error msg the first time and then that error msg the 2nd time onwards?

I ask this because there is a NI plist file that contains special info for each NI Library that can get corrupted the first time you install that then causes the error msg you provided when you try to install again... but doesn't give that exact error msg the first time you tried to install.

Who needs Abbey Roads Modern Drums anyway. They can have my 127 dollars, i’ll go and get some new drums.

Tshh.

I do, i need Abbey Roads Modern drums. Look this is so frustrating i'm talking to myself. Heres the latest. Erased and formatted the drive, reinstalled the previous OS (Leopard), updated the OS, fresh installed Logic/updated. Installed Kontakt5 from website. New download of Modern drums, mounted, started installing same error. This must be corrupt somehow, i'll have to call Germany as i can't send an email. Any good company should in the least provide an email support option, imho. sheesh.

Tshh

No.. Root is just like a form of Super Admin account... so you just login in Root at the Login screen and download 'Modern' as normal using Safari... and then install from that version you downloaded.

Root should allow you to install no matter what so long as the file is not corrupt as it should override any weird permission issues present that don't show up during a Permissions fix....

Ok Nigel thanks for the suggestions but its a no go. Kontakt 5 was installed and updated, and a root install tried. This was in Osx 10.6.8. I couldn't send an email to the NI support as my product was left out of a required field to do so. I registered for the support forums but can't post a question as i don't have ownership privilege to do so. My product isn't registered therefore i don't own it, therefore i can't post. Most search questions turn up no matches, but i've messaged an admin requesting posting privileges but noticed it could take a month or so until a response is made. I only mention these things as i believe they should be put out there for others to read, not to treat this as a pizz and moan forum. I'll keep scanning the software downloads and trying. Thanks for your time.

Ah!

I'll try this, a partition extended rather than extended journaled. My hd is ex.journaled. Read something about products on Mac needing a hard drive formatted extended. Nothing about journaled. Its worth a bloody shot! I'll let you know.

t.

Tshh,

It should be Extended Journaled.. All my drives are formatted that way and Modern Drums installed fine for me..

The one thing the drive shouldn't be formatted as.. is Fat32... because of the max file size limitations imposed by that method.. as well as other techie type reasons!

Tshh,

It should be Extended Journaled.. All my drives are formatted that way and Modern Drums installed fine for me..

The one thing the drive shouldn't be formatted as.. is Fat32... because of the max file size limitations imposed by that method.. as well as other techie type reasons!

Got it Nigel! Thanks for everything. I used the root admin, and this time around voila. A root admin reboot then a permission repair (wether or not it mattered) then the installer patch fix, then the install. It was soo nice to have some company with my misery thanks guys your the best!.

Tshh