88 note Synth Action Midi Controller - Suggestions?

Thanks guys..

So, I think I am better off repairing my A90 otherwise I will just be replacing like with like but costing me a whole lot more money in the process.. as I can't find a worthwhile replacement that doesn't have hammer action keys...

I can get my A90 fixed for $350 plus shipping...

Dang!

If you can get parts and fix it yourself, it could last forever. It is fun to fix something that was broken and you save money.

You can even venture into the appliance world fixing things like air conditioners, lawn mowers, and what have you.

A word of advice, NEVER try to light the pilot in an older gas furnace when the gas has been on for more than a few seconds. :oops:

The 'motherboard' needs replacing according to the Roland tech that helped me troubleshoot over the phone... I asked if it was something I could do and he asked what my soldering skills were like ( Zero...) so I have to get someone to do it for me..

I've found a tech to do it.. I just have to pay for the shipping of the replacement parts to him and the cost of the repair itself.. $350 in total unless something else is wrong too.... Fingers crossed!

Wow.. Thanks fader8....

I was digging around looking for a different source for boards and didn't think about Ebay....

I've also been trying to find out exactly what would need soldering.. as by the look of things, as far as i can tell, it's just a matter of unplugging/plugging in connectors which I could do myself...

Anyhow... Much appreciated as always!

As per fader8's advice... along with that gentle shove in the right direction... I got a replacement board for $50 and fitted it myself.. no soldering needed!

Thanks fader8.. (and shivers for that very useful video!)

You helped me save a bunch of money and I am once again, happily working with my controller of choice!

I am in your debt....

Cheers!!

As per fader8's advice... along with that gentle shove in the right direction... I got a replacement board for $50 and fitted it myself.. no soldering needed!

Thanks fader8..

Hey, no problem! We all need a nudge now and again. I recently dropped my Ipad on my very rare Cheetah MS5V keyboard. Broke the whole front end of of a white key. I was sick. But some very, very careful supergluing and it is practically invisible and works great. I'm better now.

My next fixit project is to replace the backlight on my Akai sampler display. Not looking forward to that one!

Thanks .... (and shivers for that very useful video!)

You helped me save a bunch of money and I am once again, happily working with my controller of choice!

I am in your debt....

Cheers!!

Hey, No problem! I have fixed many things I felt confident about and others that I knew nothing about. I mean, if it is broke, what is it going to hurt to try?

Yeah!! Thanks to both of you.. my next self repair project is going to be the replacement of the ICP fuse on my Akai DPS24 Mk1 which as sat idle for the last year... but this one is going to need a little simple soldering...

Scary thought!

However, I found a really clear and concise pictorial guide on how to do it (and how to prevent this known issue from happening in the future) so what the hell..

"In for a penny... In for a pound!"