Learn Mode Assignments Not Coming Through in Playback

BvC

Whenever I record a track, Logic is failing to recognize any self-assigned, non-note MIDI data. Anything input from my pitch/mod wheel is coming through just fine on playback, as it's already embedded in the patch. Things like aftertouch (except for in Sculpture, where the aftertouch message is already assigned to a parameter) and my assignable slider are working (meaning, it alters the sound while I'm playing) but nothing is getting recorded or coming through on playback. I am using a Yamaha DX-11 as a controller.

I know this is an issue with Logic, as nothing I am assigning to my Novation Remote Zero is being recorded either. It all works while I'm playing, so it's not a hardware issue.

Here is what my Learn Mode Controller Assignments window looks like. I am assuming I need to change something in this. When I set "Channel Strip" to "Output" or "Master," a green bar with the visual information appears on my track in the arrangement, but the alterations I made with an assigned knob/fader/aftertouch still do not sound in playback.

learnmode.thumb.png.423651e32fe9228246bccf1efc64b6ff.png

Wow, thanks, jordito! In two sentences, you've really solved pretty much everything I've been trying to fix for a long while.

Is there any way to have new tracks automatically come up in Touch mode? Right now, I have my template set up so that my first track comes up as Touch, and then I can do New Track with Duplicate Settings from there, I guess.

Is there any way to quantize the information input from knobs/sliders?

Thanks again!

Is there any way to have new tracks automatically come up in Touch mode?

Only way I can think of is to save a project template with tracks already created and in Touch automation mode.

Is there any way to quantize the information input from knobs/sliders?

What do you mean exactly? In real time or after the fact?

Real time: I don't think so.

After-the-fact: you can quantize events in the automation event list, but i think it would be pointless for a bunch of recorded automation nodes.

J..