Preset weirdnes: can see in Library, not in Finder? [SOLVED]

camillo jr

I have some FabFilter ProC presets that I saved a while back and I can see them in Logic's library. Oddly, I can't load the Logic presets from the Library but I can from the AU menu, which has the same named folders. But except for one of the folders, "User", I can't find the other presets on my drive, which is causing some problems when saving Logic presets for the ProC. I've looked in the following places:

Mac / User / Library / Audio / Presets / Fabfilter / [ProC mono & ProC stereo)

Mac / Library / Audio / Presets / Fabfilter / [ProC mono & ProC stereo)

At indicated, at the end of both those paths are two more folders for mono and stereo versions of the compressor. None of those have the presets I can clearly see in the Logic library. And curiously, there is also a folder of what looks like proprietary Fabfilter presets with a ".ffb" prefix in the user folder.

When I tried to update one of the Logic presets, the AU menu wouldn't allow a simple Save and instead gave me a Save As browser, which directed me to the user folder. Since the folders that I can see in Library weren't there I searched via spotlight (no luck) and then did a manual search. (Still no luck.)

Where else could those presets that I can see in Library be living??

Thank you CCTMusic! They were indeed in the User App Support folder. Should have thought of that. I moved those folders out of there and into:

Mac / User / Library / Audio / Presets / Fabfilter / [ProC mono & ProC stereo]

Now all is well and I can access the presets from both the AU menu and the Logic Library.