Channel Strip effect saving

deebeefly

I thought that i was using the VCA fader to not mess with the processing on my sub mix bus/summing stack when i use THAT fader?

i feel like i don't fundamentally understand this even after reading up and down about it.

On the main track of your summing track stack, the fader is post inserts, so it does not affect any of the processing produced by the plug-ins inserted on that channel strip. In fact the VCA is another fader that affects the level in the exact same point as the fader on the main track of the summing track stack, it's just like a remote control if you want.

I thought that i was using the VCA fader to not mess with the processing on my sub mix bus/summing stack when i use THAT fader?

i feel like i don't fundamentally understand this even after reading up and down about it.

On the main track of your summing track stack, the fader is post inserts, so it does not affect any of the processing produced by the plug-ins inserted on that channel strip. In fact the VCA is another fader that affects the level in the exact same point as the fader on the main track of the summing track stack, it's just like a remote control if you want.

so the VCA fader is just used for grouping tracks and maintaining level volume in relation to said tracks?

so the VCA fader is just used for grouping tracks and maintaining level volume in relation to said tracks?

Think of the VCA as a remote control that remotely affects the volume of one or several channel strips at the same time. The audio signal routing does not change (there's no audio signal flowing through a VCA channel strip).

If you have a VCA group for all your guitar tracks for example, then turning down that VCA fader -2 dB is the equivalent of turning each one of the guitar tracks volume faders -2 dB (except that when you're using a VCA fader, you're not going to visually see the faders on the guitar tracks go down by 2 dB).

Think of the VCA as a remote control that remotely affects the volume of one or several channel strips at the same time. The audio signal routing does not change (there's no audio signal flowing through a VCA channel strip).

If you have a VCA group for all your guitar tracks for example, then turning down that VCA fader -2 dB is the equivalent of turning each one of the guitar tracks volume faders -2 dB (except that when you're using a VCA fader, you're not going to visually see the faders on the guitar tracks go down by 2 dB).

ah i thought so! thanks for the clarification