EVB3 Not Working [SOLVED]

noisenet

*EDIT*

After posting this I found the culprit, MIDI channel on the controller had somehow gotten changed. Moderator, feel free to delete this thread - shoulda searched before I posted {facepalm}

After years of only using Logic for audio recording I finally got a keyboard MIDI controller so I'm still at the extreme beginning stages of trying to figure everything out. Yesterday I was going through loading the various Virtual Instrument channel presets, just listening to what everything sounds like but when I got to any of the presets using the EVB3, I get nothing. The EVB3 is there, when I open the instrument it shows in the plugin window. But when I play the keyboard, I get no sound, no audio shows up at the left of that track in the arrange window. In the transport I see the MIDI information coming through accurately, but there's just no sound. I don't know if the MIDI information isn't getting to just that one virtual instrument or somehow things are getting scrambled in the Instrument...

Bringing up the caps lock keyboard, however, DOES get sound through the instrument, just not the MIDI controller keyboard.

Dunno if it makes a difference but the keyboard is an M-Audio Oxygen 61. A cheapo but, as I'm by no means a keyboard player, cheap is just fine for me.

I'm running Logic Pro 9.1.6 on my mid-'07 iMac 2.4GHz Core2 Duo w/4G RAM. Logic is installed in it's standard configuration (didn't install any of the content on external drives...).

As far as I can tell, the keyboard works just fine on every other VI, just not the EVB2. Kinda stumped here, any idears?

Thank you in advance for your help... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Edited by noisenet

*EDIT*

After posting this I found the culprit, MIDI channel on the controller had somehow gotten changed. Moderator, feel free to delete this thread - shoulda searched before I posted {facepalm}

If we deleted all resolved threads, that would go against everything this forum stands for: to build a database of problems/solutions for everybody to search through when they have difficulties with Logic.

This thread is a great contribution to the community, I certainly won't delete it! I'm sure many, many other have had, currently have, or will, in the future, have this problem. This thread will be here to help them.

Happy holidays! :D