send plugin fader data on plugin load?

woodencup

Is it possible to send the plugin fader data of all faders on plugin load or preset load?

I've tried a lot of things but it seems logic doesn't seem to be able to output the plugin fader data except when physically turning the knobs on the plugin itself.

I'd like to use this to control an external MIDI controllable effect. I've built a plugin in Sonic Birth that's nothing more than a bunch of MIDI faders. They send out fader data when turned. It works beautiful but it won't send the data when the song is reloaded or a preset s loaded. It moves the knobs but nothing comes out of the channelstrip.

thanks!

Is it possible to send the plugin fader data of all faders on plugin load or preset load?

To my opinion it is not possible. It will be better if you try to create an Environment editor using Logic environment faders, buttons objects etc to control your external MIDI controllable effect.

P.S I guess you want to use the "Plugin Save/Load" capabilities right? It is possible to create such gear in the Environment as well but requires serious programing and skills...

I guessed that already. Needed to know for sure. Pitty. Seems like an opportunity for Apple here!

I've already built an controller in the environment for the device with preset loading/saving possibilities for all parameters with naming of the presets and pull-down menus and it's quite something!

But an AU plugin seemed nicer. I can route the audio through it and view levels on the plugin. It's easier to use automation as the parameters show up on the track itself. And most important: Load presets in other songs!

Well, maybe in a future update..

I could track settings with external faders and on reload 'bang' them through the plugin. This way I could dump all parameters on song load to the external device.

Thanks.