Tempo stretching

Within Logic, what are some ways I could transition from one tempo to another, without a jump?

For example, let's say I wanted to go from 160 BPM all the way down to 80 over ~ 16 bars of time.

Is it possible to:

1. Automate this?

2. Apply it to the entire song, including MIDI and Audio?

3. Do it linearly?

4. Do it with an acceleration?

If there isn't a feature like this, what are some theory ways I could make a smooth transition with the tempo slowly decreasing from 160 to 80, without a simple jump from full tempo to half-tempo?

Thanks!

here's how i'd do it,

http://help.apple.com/logicpro/mac/9.1.6/en/logicpro/usermanual/#chapter=33%26section=2

but as you can see there are other options

http://help.apple.com/logicpro/mac/9.1.6/en/logicpro/usermanual/#chapter=33%26section=0

let us know how you get on

p.s, this applies to midi and project tempo, but audio is a different thing entirely

IME, this kind of tempo change works really well with MIDI but has some downsides with audio.

Voices in particular will sound odd and glitchy if a tempo change is gradual over a held note. OTOH, if you can manage to insert tempo changes at pauses in the vocal or right on a consonant, then the change will be a lot smoother. But any audio that has a held note will sound strange with a gradual tempo change over it. That's just what I've encountered so YMMV!

Thank you el-bo! That's exactly what I needed... I really should read manuals more carefully >.>

As for audio, that shouldn't be too much of a problem. I mostly use virtual instruments nowadays, and as for vocals I can just splice them up into EXS24 and play them rhythmically, stutters/glitches etc.

sometimes people just need a nudge in the right direction :D

have a look into flex time for audio slicing and manipulation, for an alternative flavour