problem with loopmasters esx wav files

mleffler

Got a free CD including a lot of loopmasters esx samples with a focusrite interface. There is one directory structure that has about 20 or so ESX synths. Each subfolder has a *.exs file and a bunch of wav samples. I moved this whole directory structure, intact, into my /library/application support/logic/sampler instruments folder. They all show up in the ESX options menu, next to "factory" and "garageband". However, each one starts to load but then errors out when it cant locate any of the wav files. I can go into the ESX editor and assign each one of the wav files manually and then the synth works. However, tedious doesnt even get close to describing this process. Any idea what the problem might be? Everything I have read says that ESX will find the wav samples automatically but that is not happening. Any ideas? All suggestions appreciated.

Logic 9.1.6, 32 or 64bit same behavior. OSX 10.7.2, 8GB macbook pro, i5 proc.

Answering my own question. I kept hacking at this, and noticed there was a "*.NKI" file in each subfolder. Double clicking that opened a Kontakt window, which showed me the filename(s) that it was looking for, and more importantly, the full path. (Logic only showed me the filename). I suspect these samples were copied over from a PC because all the filenames had character substitutions and were not in the right place. So to summarize in case anybody else ever encounters this, what I had to do was:

1. In each subfolder, there were 4 files in this format: FILENAME_C1.WAV - I had to rename these to FILENAME C1.WAV

2. In each subfolder, there were 4 files in this format: FILENAME_F_1.WAV - I had to rename these to FILENAME F#1.WAV

3. In each subfolder, I needed to create another folder called "Samples" and then move all the renamed files (from 1 & 2 above) into that folder. Now everything works in both Logic and Kontakt.