Can you have logic save files in a temp folder?

BWTFFAM

Hello and happy 2012!

Recently, I went through my hard drive for a major clean-up, and realized that some of my Logic projects are really heavy. When I opened them, I saw that Logic saves everything I record, even if I erase it in the project. I do a lot of bad takes when recording a guitar or drums, so I erase them right away and just do a new one. But Logic keeps them all. I know that technically, something has to be written on my hard drive, but can't they go in a temp folder which gets erased every month or so, and then Logic just saves the one on the project? I hope I explained myself well. I usually don't.

Thank you all and have an incredible year!

Did I mention the new forum looks bitching? :)

When you want to delete Audio Files from your HD that are still in your Bin but unused, open the Bin then select Edit>Select Unused then select Audio>Delete Audio File(s). This will delete the unused Audio Files from your HD. If you already selected Unused in the Bin and used Edit>Delete then the files will be deleted from your project (Bin) but still reside on your HD. In this case you can use File>Project>Clean Up... to delete the unused Audio Files from your HD.

Thank you both.

presumably, I have to do this for different projects separately?

Also, on a related note, since I've done a little of the clean-up manually, Logic is now asking me before I open certain projects, if I want to locate files that Logic is looking for. I'm positive that I haven't erased anything that was on the project, but still I have to click on skip all every time I open some projects. It's nothing to keep me up at night, but is there a fix for that? :)

Thank you both.

You're welcome!

I have to do this for different projects separately?

Yes.

Logic is now asking me before I open certain projects, if I want to locate files that Logic is looking for. I'm positive that I haven't erased anything that was on the project, but still I have to click on skip all every time I open some projects. It's nothing to keep me up at night, but is there a fix for that? :)

Skip all. Open the Bin and select Edit>Select Unused. If anything gets highlighted, look at Audio File>Delete File(s). If Delete File(s) is grayed back select Edit>Delete or simply press Delete to delete the reference files from the Bin. Save. Close the project and relaunch the project.

Fixed?