ESX24 Samples Suddenly Gone Missing

nazgamer

Hello All!

I made custom drum kits using the ESX24 sampler using this method:

I make an audio track in logic 9, and then drag a song from itunes into the track. I then cut the track into segments of audio where drum hits are. I then open a blank ESX24 instrument. I drag the bits of audio in the audio track onto the ESX24 screen. I then hit "save as" and use some purposeful name. Then I'm done!

Would someone mind telling me a better way of sampling parts of songs that I like? The problem I am having is that I cant find those little chopped up audio files I sampled in Finder. Does logic even save them again when I saved the ESX24 instrument?

Because for certain custom drum kits I made using the ESX24 sampler, logic is now telling me that it cant find the sampled audio files.

But only for a small minority of the kits that I have made!

Is this because I deleted the itunes song that I used to make the drum samples?!

if it is, how can I go about sampling drums so that this won't happen!

Many thanks!

nate

Is this because I deleted the itunes song that I used to make the drum samples?!

Almost certainly.

Don't delete the original file.

Alternatively, experiment with the Convert Regions to New Sampler Track function.

Almost certainly.

Don't delete the original file.

Alternatively, experiment with the Convert Regions to New Sampler Track function.

thanks for the response!

Also, on a totally off topic really nooby question, how do I record audio without having my computer play the audio that is being recorded (I want to record my voice without my voice coming from my speakers).

thank you!