Buffer size doesn't affect cpu load???

indi247

Hi everybody,

as my title pretty much explains it, in logic 9 under snow leopard when i change the buffer size in the audio preference panel the cpu charge remains sensibly the same however i'm selecting 1024 or 32, isn't that extremely weird? :shock: i'm absolutely clueless.

Note that i am running a quite heavy project and i work on the move without an audio interface using internal built in audio.

Thanks by advance for your help !

Ahah, thanks a lot Eric, indeed i'm still referring to years if using cubase that has only one buffer size setting.

and Eric (Simon this time!) the problem is that my cpu is overloading ! is it normal that kontakt 5 is SO cpu demanding? like 100 times more than exs24 with about as many samples running??

Ahah, thanks a lot Eric, indeed i'm still referring to years if using cubase that has only one buffer size setting.

and Eric (Simon this time!) the problem is that my cpu is overloading ! is it normal that kontakt 5 is SO cpu demanding? like 100 times more than exs24 with about as many samples running??

K5 is somehow more CPU hungry than EXS. Also make sure you're not in live input mode, which usually causes cpu spikes. (Logic goes to live input mode when an instrument track is selected in arrange and the record arm button is lit- a workaround is to create an empty audio track and select the hit play )

Also go into Kontakt options and make sure that multicore support is turned off, since Logic is multicore already)

I can without any glitch play K5 with studio drummer at 64 I/o buffer and processing buffer set to medium as long as the instrument track itself isn't chosen in the arrange area.

J