Logic Error (disk)

Devon8822

Hey I have been having a lot of problems with Logic running smoothly, apart from a lot of clicking noises while using logic and constant interface crashing (no matter what interface I use), I am getting this error much of the time. I attached a screenshot... I don't know what it means, but it seems like it has to do with maybe my hard drives?

1250958511_ScreenShot2011-12-20at12_04_26AM.jpg.96eb4a778b62d7b0333ac451223d1963.jpg

1644039653_ScreenShot2012-01-03at8_51_50PM.jpg.c98ab9b121665b6a6665361400dd0895.jpg

Logic is installed to my main system drive and all of the logic files and plugins are saved to the main system drive. This drive only has about 30GB left (it is a 2 terabite drive).

When you say to use a second internal HD, what would I put on it? Install Logic to a drive other than my system drive? or only the logic session files?

Logic is installed to my main system drive and all of the logic files and plugins are saved to the main system drive. This drive only has about 30GB left (it is a 2 terabite drive).

When you say to use a second internal HD, what would I put on it? Install Logic to a drive other than my system drive? or only the logic session files?

The 2 TB drive should have as a bare minimum 100 GB free, but (more than) 200 is better, 400 or more is ideal.

Save the Logic Projects to a second drive (which then becomes the audio recording drive. Also, copy all your movies, photo's and other bulky files to an extra internal or external disk. Ideally, you have three, in order of importance:

1. System drive, with Logic (cannot be installed on a non-system drive) and > 400 GB free space.

2. "Recording" Drive, with Logic Project folders

If you have a lot of 3rd party sampled instruments, it may also be wise to have a

3. Sample drive.

plus a setup to make backups. I'ld go for one internal and one external backup, at least.