Deleting Hyperdraw data? [SOLVED]

elastic

Hi,

I'm using my Moog voyager, i've selected 'External instrument' on a midi track, recorded in some notes via midi obviously, then to do automation i've been pressing record, twiddling the knobs on the voyager and hey presto the automation pops up in hyper draw mode when i press 'H'.

Firstly - is this the best way of doing it?

Secondly, i was just wondering how you delete certain hyper draw recordings? - basically, say i've recorded cc data for 3 different things on my moog, well to see them in logic i just keep pressing the 'H' key to cycle through them, but i would like it if i could delete them too if i wanted to - obviously i know how to edit them, it's just the same as automation nodes, but as i say, i'd like to be able to get rid of them sometimes.

any help or advice would really be appreciated,

Thanks

Firstly - is this the best way of doing it?

Depends what kind of automation you're recording (volume, pan? Or filter cutoff, mod wheel?) - but in any case there really isn't a "best" way, there are a couple of ways, each with pros and cons.

Secondly, i was just wondering how you delete certain hyper draw recordings? - basically, say i've recorded cc data for 3 different things on my moog, well to see them in logic i just keep pressing the 'H' key to cycle through them, but i would like it if i could delete them too if i wanted to - obviously i know how to edit them, it's just the same as automation nodes, but as i say, i'd like to be able to get rid of them sometimes.

Shift-drag around the nodes to select them, then press delete.

I'm checking it out now and i hate it! With a passion lol! It's impossible to find anything in the event editor. Even using the tabs at the top.

i would just simply like to have it like in automation where you go 'delete current visible automation data of selected track'

thanks David, i tried that but i get a message popping up saying "there are regions in this track, delete and continue?" - i.e it's going to delete the track. Tried the same with the backspace key too and it just deleted the whole midi block.

You should see the events selected in the Event List if you Shift - Drag like David told you.

Just head over to the List and press backspace.

thanks David, i tried that but i get a message popping up saying "there are regions in this track, delete and continue?" - i.e it's going to delete the track. Tried the same with the backspace key too and it just deleted the whole midi block.

Ah you're in the Arrange area. Open the Hyper Draw area in the Piano Roll. Or use the Event List as Eric suggested, but using my selection method.

That's pretty cool, a neat trick. Got it now. What i'll do is press 'H' to toggle to the hyper even nodes that i want to delete, just shift and drag the lot, go to lists, 'select similar events' and press backspace. Bingo!

Brilliant guys, can't thank you enough!