Plugin for finding the BPM of audio?

I did try the BPM plugin, either im using it wrong or it cant handle something like a guitar riff, that is not perfectly in time.

....I've been using Logic's BPM plug-in on an imported AIF track which has a number of keyboard synths etc prerecorded (I'm recording a lead 'sax' over the top) and I find that the info which the plug-in displays in Advanced is accurate because I later checked the bpm with my friend's original.

I can see that a standalone BPM analyzer would be useful to establish a bpm before deciding whether to work on a song in Logic. So thanks, fisherking, for the link :D

If i have a complexed bit of audio I find opening logic bpm plugin on an exs24 and playing along with a kick or snare and take the bpm from that, great for working out bpm's without importing the audio into logic.

You can even mute the output so you can't hear the exs2 then just tap along to any song from your iTunes, youtube, whatever

i used to use the bpm widget; think it stopped working in 10.6, and DEF not working here in 10.7...

try the app i linked to above if you're on lion.

....Yes, unfortunately it doesn't work in 10.6.8.

I'm not unhappy with Logic's BPM plug-in.

hmmm..rhys above says it DOES work in 10.7.2.

did u try the freebie app i linked earlier in this thread?

EDIT: widget seems to work in lion after all (but oddly, for me, not in 10.6)

2 different apps: the widget is good for tapping tempo; with the app, put an audio file in the window and it determines bpm.

so both useful

i used to use the bpm widget; think it stopped working in 10.6, and DEF not working here in 10.7...

try the app i linked to above if you're on lion.

....Yes, unfortunately it doesn't work in 10.6.8.

I'm not unhappy with Logic's BPM plug-in.

Hey Red Robin I'm on 10.6.8 and it works here.