No aux stereo meter on one computer

tonysol

I've read many posts on this issue and tried them all to no avail. I have a MacPro 10.6.8 2x2.66 GHz Quad core xeon 12GB. I also have a MacbookPro 10.6.8 2.3 GHz 4GB. Both are running Logic 9.1.6. I can send a stereo bus to an aux channel on my laptop and read a tereo meter on the aux channel. However the Mac Pro will not give me an option for a stereo bus out and when a toggle the format button I do get a stereo signal but a mono meter. I have created a new file with no recording or plugins to resolve the issue but I still only have a mono meter and no option to send a stereo bus. Even though I get a stereo signal with the format button I still need to read the meter. I'm confused...why does it work on one and not the other? By the way...I have even attempted a stereo bus from a stereo channel to a stereo aux and stil a mono aux meter....

However the Mac Pro will not give me an option for a stereo bus out and when a toggle the format button I do get a stereo signal but a mono meter. I have created a new file with no recording or plugins to resolve the issue but I still only have a mono meter and no option to send a stereo bus. Even though I get a stereo signal with the format button I still need to read the meter. I'm confused..

If you can change the format of the Aux channel strip to Stereo but the Meter remains Mono then you may have a Mono Plug-in inserted in the Aux channel strip. Click hold each plug-in on the Aux channel strip one at a time and select the Stereo or Mono->Stereo version of the plug-ins.

If only Mono is available for the plug-in then remove the plug-ins from the Aux channel strip, make sure the format button on the Aux is set to stereo then choose your plug-ins (they will be available in stereo if you insert them after the Aux channel is formatted to Stereo.

My laptop offers bus 1-2. I am pulling stereo meters on the aux after a few tries and full panning ability. Strange... Same file also wont recognize a NI plugin on the tower so I must reload it fyi. Im functional...if anyone knows why the same file reads differently on both computers let me know. Thanx

Well...now just the opposite has happened. When I pull the same file I converted the auxes to stereo on the tower up on the laptop the aux busses are now mono again. I have 3 back up drives and each file does the same, yet when I pull the file on the computer I convert the aux to stereo it pulls up in stereo. I don't understand why the same version of software and both OS are the same this is happening. LOST!