How to remix

I want to try and remix a song into a dance track. I am thinking maybe a house track. Now I never remixed anything before, and during my reserch I read that alot of remixes you would need the sounds in seperate tracks, and this is called a remix pack. Now there has to be a way that I can remix a song other than getting a pack for it right?

What would be the way I would remix a track?

Some band will release stems of their music to be remixed , also check online for acapellas or instrumentals of certain songs you can take those and insert them into the esx24 separate them per keys on your midi controller and remix that way...another thing is make your own beat and chop up just the vocals and do it that way

• 3 weeks later...

There are websites that you can pay 5$ a month and have access to remix contests, with grand prizes being pretty sweet! Normally its up coming electro bands, but you compete with others and its all about originality. I was a member and it makes downloading all the stems very easy, & the stems matches up with logic perfect. They give you the tempo & key & the rest is up to you! Its a great way of having fun, & learning at the same.

Finding acapellas are also a great way, you should use the BPM Counter under 'Metering' in logics plugins with the full version of the song your remixing (acapella+instrumental) to find the bpm, and its a little more challenging getting the vocals lined up with logics clock.