Convert to sampler track, notes don't trigger? [SOLVED]

joenj07087

I chopped some samples in Logic pro 9 and converted the samples to sampler track, opened the EXS24 and proceeded to play the samples on both my keyboard controller and the MAc keyboard, neither one was able to trigger the notes I played......is there a setup that needs to be set... before I can do this?...I thought this would happen automatically.......???....any help will be greatly appreciated...thanks! : )

my keyboard controller is the M-Audio Keystation 61es but even the qwerty keyboard is not responding for me for this......!

You need to go to EXS's edit page and create a new instrument. Then you need to import the samples onto the keyboard layout in the edit page using the zone menu, though I guess in Logic 9 you should be able to use drag and drop for the aif or wav files. (I use Logic 7 mostly). Then you save the instrument under a new name and then select the new instrument in EXS's main window.

Check the trigger notes. If you didn't change them then your samples will be mapped from C-2 (C minus 2) on. That's a VERY low range on your keyboard.

You can open the MIDI region that was created on the new sampler track to check what pitch the trigger notes are - and check in your transport bar's MIDI in display to see what pitch your keyboard is playing. If necessary use the Octave -/+ buttons on your controller keyboard to adjust its range.

You need to go to EXS's edit page and create a new instrument. Then you need to import the samples onto the keyboard layout in the edit page using the zone menu, though I guess in Logic 9 you should be able to use drag and drop for the aif or wav files. (I use Logic 7 mostly). Then you save the instrument under a new name and then select the new instrument in EXS's main window.

thank you Kroy, I will follow your suggestions...I'm still working on it...thanks!