Lets Record then trim, now save space multiple parts to trim

logicproguy

Question lets say you recorded for about 40 seconds but want to trim two parts of your recording to save hd space, this means everything else around what you don't select to trim will be erased forever from your hd. My question is is it possible to trim two parts but clicking on them together? I just want to make sure that both the to separate parts i recorded are trimmed

hope i was clear enough.

Question lets say you recorded for about 40 seconds but want to trim two parts of your recording to save hd space, this means everything else around what you don't select to trim will be erased forever from your hd. My question is is it possible to trim two parts but clicking on them together? I just want to make sure that both the to separate parts i recorded are trimmed

hope i was clear enough.

No. If the two parts are from the same recording, trimming one will end up trimming the other. There are several approaches you can take, with perhaps the quickest one being this:

• select both regions in the arrangement

• right-click and use the function "Convert to new audio file(s)"

• delete the original audio file from the bin

A comment... if you're finding that you need to trim audio files to save HD space, time for you to get another HD!