increasing workflow efficiency

medusaproductions

I am constantly looking for ways to increase my workflow efficiency and one of the tricks that I've found is when I am doing lots of multitracking with the same input (vox overdubs for ex) I set up an template with a master record track. Then I set up all my other tracks with their commonly used effects (usually turned off) While tracking to the master track I use the up and down buttons to move to the track I want the take to save to. at the end of each take I decide if it's a keeper or not and if it is I use shift command t to transfer to my selected track. (It is important to scroll during recording as it won't deselect the recorded region) By using this system I never have to arm new tracks (as long as I'm using the same input) I then select all and use the shift option c (color regions to track color) and shift option n (name regions to track names). Obiously this if for cookie cutter situations but, I've found it has doubled my efficiency in hip hop and mulivox tracking immensly.

Also I just started using control 0 play from last play position great key command for artist messes up and you want to jump back to your last recording start point (a little quicker than jump to marker)

hope this makes sense.