Dragging drum kits into Logic Pro

LouieTunez

Is there a way to just drag and drop sound kits I download and have it my Logic library? I don't use EXS24 because I don't want the next note I press to be a different sound, I want 1 sound that will be in a different pitch for a different note. And I also don't want to sit there and import each sound 1 by 1. I just want to drag and drop my sounds into a folder or something and have all my samples in my logic library. :|

Is there a way to just drag and drop sound kits I download and have it my Logic library?

Depends what a "sound kit" is? Do you mean an audio file? A sample? A collection of samples? What type of audio file, what format, bit depth, sample rate?

I don't use EXS24 because I don't want the next note I press to be a different sound, I want 1 sound that will be in a different pitch for a different note.

EXS24, like pretty much any sampler, can do both those things (different sounds for each key, or same sound but pitched chromatically throughout a range of keys on your keyboard).

Please add your Logic version and system info to your signature: Forum Rules - please READ THIS before posting (#5)

Thanks for the reply. By sound kit I mean a collection of samples. For example, a folder with drum sounds, hi hats, claps etc. in .MP3 / .WAV form. And really? I didn't know ESX24 could do that. I'm just looking to drag and drop my sound kits and have them in my Logic library.

Ok so I'm a bit confused by your original post: do you want to first take a single hi-hat, and have it assigned to all the keys on your keyboard, at different pitches? Don't you want to build a "drum kit" instrument with a kick, a snare, a hi-hat, etc... each one on their own keys? Just trying to make sure I understand what you want.

Sorry for the confusion. I don't want to build and instrument with a kick, snare, hi hat, etc. I would like have 1 single hi hat assigned to all of the keys on my keyboard, at different pitches. I'm switching over from another Software, FL Studio, and with FL Studio, I would just go to the Folder with all it's contents, then drag and drop the sound kits into the sound library.