Logic forgetting key commands

rainstick

Ok, this is So SOOO frustrating - I've synced my roland sh-201 up to thing's so i can automate with it's dial's etc etc and now logic's forgotten them for some reason....

It's happened before and i wasn't too sure which end the problem was occurring, so i made a spreadsheet with all the assignment's and which midi number they corresponded to - Cutoff was 1 - 102 Res was 1 - 104 etc.... and my keyboard is still sending these same signals, which logic is picking up in the monitor but not sending out to do what i asked it to originally, ?

I also seem to remember learned signal's not actually being detected by logic so im wondering why there all showing up ?

Im not great with this side of thing's so if I've made an obvious error it'd be great to have it pointed out to me

cheers!

Open your controller assignments window (Expert view).

Check that MIDI Input is coming from the correct port (your Roland SH-201).

892543268_MIDIInput.png.4722cfaee76220fdf870286bdd4b3227.png

I also seem to remember learned signal's not actually being detected by logic so im wondering why there all showing up ?

When you use Logic's MIDI Learn function, the MIDI messages being used no longer appear in Logic's MIDI Activity Display. The fact that you are now seeing them confirms that the port has changed to anything but the Roland's.

If you opened Logic before you turned on or connected the Roland, it didn't find the Roland's port so it ended using some other port instead.

Because of this port reordering business it's better to always have your MIDI devices connected and turned on before opening Logic.

J.

hey jordito - absolutely, i just went into the controller assignments and they have all moved to ' firewire ' rather than ' sh-201 ' ..... By changing them to SH-201 they now work, however i have quite a lot of plugins and stuff synced up, is there a way to change all the MIDI inputs of an assignment mode at once or do they have to be done individually, ?

thanks!

is there a way to change all the MIDI inputs of an assignment mode at once or do they have to be done individually, ?

It can only be done one assignment at a time.

Those assignments are saved in your Logic Control Surfaces preference file (com.apple.logic.pro.cs).

After your done fixing the port issue, quit Logic and make a backup of that file. Like I said before, you can prevent this from happening by having all your MIDI devices already connected before opening Logic.

J.