Access Virus Bouncing Problem

djsuperearth

how to check weather or not it is in real time?

There's nothing to check, what I meant is that an offline bounce will give you silence. It won't work with a hardware synth.

You can do a real time bounce, or record to an audio track like Eriksimon suggested. Both will require that you listen to the whole part as it's being written to an audio file.

J.

how to check weather or not it is in real time?

There's nothing to check, what I meant is that an offline bounce will give you silence. It won't work with a hardware synth.

You can do a real time bounce, or record to an audio track like Eriksimon suggested. Both will require that you listen to the whole part as it's being written to an audio file.

J.

so does that mean i need to creat a new audio track and hit record and choose the virus track as input source?

(i am not familiar recording a instrument track to a audio track, sorry)

so does that mean i need to creat a new audio track and hit record and choose the virus track as input source?

Assuming you already got the outputs of the virus connected to the inputs of your audio interface, all you need to do is assign the appropriate inputs to the audio track and record.

By the way, could you please add your Logic version, system info, etc to your signature here?

J.

Assuming you already got the outputs of the virus connected to the inputs of your audio interface, all you need to do is assign the appropriate inputs to the audio track and record.

By the way, could you please add your Logic version, system info, etc to your signature here?

J.

but i am connecting my ti via usb tho, in this case how do i setup the audio channel to record the midi track of the ti?

thanks

Hi djsuperearth,

I use a Virus T1 too I dont have this issue. Yes if you try to bounce with the offline setting selected normally in my case I get an error message telling you that offline bouncing is not suported. Just change that setting to realtime and you should be good to go.

I can also route the audio outputs of the virus into my Motu 828MK 11 interface. To change the outputting routing in Virus control first select the part or program, goto the common page from the top menu and under Output select Out 1 L&R. I'm not sure what would happen if you tried to solo the part in Logic and then connect the main outs to one of the inputs to record, it may cause a feedback loop. I know this is possible however with the Motu interface. Try it and see..

Best bet though is to bounce realtime. Pain in the A$s but what can you do...