Finely Changing MIDI pitch

Phil.c

Can anyone please tell me how I can change midi pitch in small increments ie

I have an audio track recorded which is between A and A# I want to play midi along with it.

I don't want to correct the pitch on tha audio track.

I have recorded a region and adding a new pitchbend number and this works partly, the problem is that if I play from the middle of the region it does'nt work, only if I start from the beginning which is not of much use. It works better if more pich numbers are added in the region but for example if transport is played three notes before the number then those three notes are as normal and then it should correct itself but not always!

Edited by Phil.c

Can anyone please tell me how I can change midi pitch in small increments ie

I have an audio track recorded which is between A and A# I want to play midi along with it.

I don't want to correct the pitch on tha audio track.

You can double click the +/-0 under Transposition in the Inspector and choose whatever number you need.

1110404864_Picture15.png.45ab8ee4add53be76c636e8270a22447.png

I have recorded a region and adding a new pitchbend number and this works partly, the problem is that if I play from the middle of the region it does'nt work, only if I start from the beginning which is not of much use.

Check your Chase settings.

1664572491_Picture14.png.56704274971093fc5aeff4aaa3127f02.png

So, by double clicking it's possible to type in other numbers?

Yes.

Huh... actually no. You'd still only get to the 1 through 12 numbers which represent a number of semi-tones you want to transpose. In your situation you'd need to tune the instruments to the same reference you used to tune the instruments recorded on your audio track. You can adjust the tuning of your instruments in Settings > Tuning.

David, just before I read your post I tried that, I played an instrument while moving the slider in the software instrument tuning box and nothing happend?

It will only affect Logic's own software instruments. Doesn't work with 3rd party stuff (unfortunately).

J.

I assumed that :roll:

It looks like the only way to go is to record the instruments (audio) from my keyboard and adjust the tone there....or.....record the third party instruments via guitar midi tuned to fit!

He wants to retune midi in finer steps than semitones. That is not possible from the inspector, it is not even possible from the MIDI spec.

how I can change [...] pitch in small increments ie

I don't want to correct the pitch on that audio track.

You can do that with tuning, to one fixed setting, but you can't use tuning "dynamically", "live" or "on the fly". I think what Phil wants cannot be done - unless... :idea: he could use pitch bend instead, set to + and - 1 semitone...? But to get it to 'tune' with the "somewhere-between-A-and-A#"-pitch, seems difficult/nigh impossible to me though... it's a challenge!