MIDI Notes before region start still play [SOLVED]

Bouncer

I am working on a project and I moved regions ahead and made a silent break, but i could hear 2 tracks starting to play 1 bar before the regions were supposed to play. I didnt know why, but later realized that those 2 tracks' midi regions were recorded with some notes before the actual part I was using. It would be very nice to hear only those notes which only the midi regions in the arranger window contain. As of now I need to consolidate the midi regions if I use them or make sure there is no notes before the start of regions

I am working on a project and I moved regions ahead and made a silent break, but i could hear 2 tracks starting to play 1 bar before the regions were supposed to play. I didnt know why, but later realized that those 2 tracks' midi regions were recorded with some notes before the actual part I was using. It would be very nice to hear only those notes which only the midi regions in the arranger window contain. As of now I need to consolidate the midi regions if I use them or make sure there is no notes before the start of regions

This is perfectly normal.

Adjusting the Start or End Point of MIDI Regions

You can move the left corner beyond the first event in a MIDI region. This action hides events from the beginning of the MIDI region, but these hidden events will continue to play back.

If you actually want to remove the information from the start of a MIDI region, you need to cut it and mute or delete the new start segment (new MIDI region).

The hide facility is useful in situations in which you might want to trigger MIDI controller events (such as sustain) before the musical phrase begins, but do not want to use a MIDI region that doesn’t fit into the current Arrange area grid (based on bars), as this would make arrangement far more complicated.

yes this happens at the end of regions too and it is not cool

This is also a feature.

The Clip Length setting in the Inspector’s Region Parameter box determines whether:

• Notes sounding when the region ends are abruptly cutoff(active).
  • Notes should be played to their normal end point (inactive: default), regardless of where the region ends.

The point of this function is to allow you to alter the length of the last notes in a region directly from the Arrange area, by adjusting the length of the MIDI region. Clip length has no effect on folder regions.