Logic sets in/out 3&4 as S/PDIF

Seth Thomas MD

Howdy,

Logic Pro sets s/pdif to 3&4; but, the MBox Pro 3 the s/pif are 7&8. Is this going to be a problem when I try to use the 7&8 outs? There is not way to change this default setting in Logic that I can ascertain. Anyone have an answer?

Best,

Seth

Look at the I/O labels under OPTIONS - AUDIO - I/O label to be sure that the driver is putting it there. You may need to check your Mbox software to see if it is assignable.

I cannot make heads or tails of it from the mbox manual, but if you do send a signal out of Logic I/O 3/4, it should route to the Mbox and get changed to 7/8 (inside the mbox) and then connect to whatever device you use.

What would you be connecting the S/PDIF to?

Protools reflects the I/O accurately showing s/pdif as 7&8; but, Logic assigns it to 3&4 for some reason. This has me a bit concerned that something is not right. MBox Pro is selected as HW IF in both cases and functions flawlessly for me in both Protools and Logic and able to desecretely select outputs 1-6, as I have 3 sets of monitors set up for surround; but, when I was customizing the I/O I noticed this. I have plans for the s/pdif down the road; and, noticed some folks have had problems, and wondered if anyone could guide me here.

Best,

Seth

I have the MBox I/O settings at default, which show s/pdif as 7&8. I am considering another pair of monitors; but, primarily concerned that there is something not right somewhere in Logic recognizing the MBox Pro 3 incorrectly as to where the s/pdif is located.

Well ...

Since you aren't using the S/PDIF, you can go into your mbox hardware and turn it ( S/PDIF ) off.