EXS Options - "Save to instrument"?

camillo jr

What does the EXS Options item "Save to Instrument" point to - the original factory version or the current version?

Normally, when I make changes to the front panel settings, I use Options / "Save Instrument As" and put the revised instrument in my folder of choice. Then, when I make any further tweaks, I continue to use the same saving method but that means I always have to browse to the folder and then click "replace" to finish up.

It would be way more convenient if I could use "Save to Instrument" instead when I want to make any further tweaks, IF this saves directly to my own version and not the factory version, which I want to keep un-altered.

What does the EXS Options item "Save to Instrument" point to - the original factory version or the current version?

Do you mean "Save Settings to Instruments"? It simply saves the settings to whatever instrument is currently loaded in the EXS24. Next question is then: are you currently looking at the original factory version? Or did you save the instrument as another version - and that's what you loaded?