Effect automation also activates volume automation?

Bouncer

Two things...

1) to remove the volume automation, the quickest way (for me) is to open the automation event list (available only via key command). Select any one volume event you see in there, use the "select similar events' function, and hit delete. Then close the list. If you have those key commands already established, the whole operation takes (literally) one second.

2) to prevent volume automation from being written, open the automation preferences and de-select Volume.

hey ski, i couldnt find the event list. this is what i have( see image ). I actually need to mute" automation on a track right now before bouncing it

I mean I want to leave one automation but mute another on the same track

1407473761_Screenshot2012-05-07at3_43_46PM.png.a9eec04a79edf042aef9dee2405ee97b.png

the way i would go about that is to just show the volume automation for that track - then delete that track of automation ( ' ctrl cmd del ' i think )

and maybe you've accidentally assigned the volume to a midi controller, ? check the controller assignments window......

i may have missed the point though...

Still not clear what you want 4pointsgpa. Automation is not "activated", it's either there or not, and the channel strip is either in "Off" or "Read" mode. If you're in a Read mode, all automation (volume AND effects) will be read. Did you want to delete only the volume automation? Or keep it on the track for later but not have it read by the channel strip for this bounce operation?

Did you want to delete only the volume automation? Or keep it on the track for later but not have it read by the channel strip for this bounce operation?

yes, i needed to bounce a track without automation, but I didnt want to delete it. I had more than one automation on the same track so I couldnt switch it off. Is it possible to duplicate a track with all the data, all the regions and all automation? In that case i could delete it and still have original copy

thanks

but yeah, originally I didnt know how to erase automation, which was somehow written not on purpose. Its not easy sometimes to select automation nodes holding shift without risking erasing regions on the next track. Ski gave a good tip about using key command to delete it and now I have deselected automating volume. But I also have another question.

This isn't mentioned in this thread, so I'll give it: you'll find the Automation Event list by hitting ctrl-cmd-E. If that doesn't work (though it is the default in all presets), just check your keycommands if it is assigned, and if not, assign it. Very useful editor.

• 6 months later...
This isn't mentioned in this thread, so I'll give it: you'll find the Automation Event list by hitting ctrl-cmd-E. If that doesn't work (though it is the default in all presets), just check your keycommands if it is assigned, and if not, assign it. Very useful editor.

this is one dope automation editor... i dont know how i didnt catch this when u posted it first time...

thanks Eriksimon