Move automation node right on the grid? [SOLVED]

Bouncer

Is it possible to place nodes right on the grid? I always have to zoom in to make sure its in the right place and I always zoom in till cant go any closer. I had snap automation checked on, even though I dont know what that does.

1157161906_Screenshot2012-05-08at3_13_55AM.png.fb50374714a5ee7d8d7d9e084da092b8.png

Snap automation does what you want: it snaps automation nodes right on the grid as you position them. However there is a -5 tick offset by default. Select Automation Snap Offset from the menu in your picture to go to your automation preferences and adjust it if desired.

yes, this works perfectly for me. Its going to save me a lot of time from now on ))

thanks David

I have another question. When I open snap offset preferences, there is ramp time value setting. What is that for and what does it change?

When I open snap offset preferences, there is ramp time value setting. What is that for and what does it change?

When writing automation in touch mode, when you let go of the fader, the automation goes back to the previous level on the track, or the previously recorded automation on that track if there was some. The ramp time is the time it takes to go back to that value.

this is great, i will try this option and see how it works out

here is another question please..

what is the automation latch mode? this is probably what i need to know the most and never used it because i don't know how

thanks