make audio play faster than recorded?

edurbrow

What I'm trying to do is create a guitar solo that sounds at a faster tempo than what I record it at. What I tried, was using the Varispeed to record at 150 and then move the tempo back up to the final tempo of 205. For some reason the part at the end of the guitar solo is cut off. I checked in the Finder and the audio file has the entire part, but even when I drag that audio file into Logic and make a new track the end is still cut off. Also it is not playing at the speed I want. Any ideas how to do this?

TIA

Use Flex Time.

And the reason the audio is cut off the way you're doing it now: you have to set your project end marker position to be after the last audio region in your track to be able to hear it. Anything after the project end marker will not be heard.

Use Flex Time.

And the reason the audio is cut off the way you're doing it now: you have to set your project end marker position to be after the last audio region in your track to be able to hear it. Anything after the project end marker will not be heard.

Hmm. That would make sense if the solo was at the end of the song, but it is in the middle. Could there be another reason? Another kind of marker or something? It is like it took the size from the other solo regions or something.

Thanks,