volume equalizing possibility?

I have 5 tracks of very different volume levels. I would like to put them on an audio cd.

Is it possible to use logic pro to do a volume equalization so the tracks sound of a relatively similar volume level? If yes, is anyone able to explain to me how can i go about achieving that?

I have 5 tracks of very different volume levels. I would like to put them on an audio cd.

Is it possible to use logic pro to do a volume equalization so the tracks sound of a relatively similar volume level? If yes, is anyone able to explain to me how can i go about achieving that?

http://www.logicprohelp.com/forum/rules.php

Five tracks of individual instruments, or five tracks of a finished song?

Either way, you could solo the tracks one at a time in the arrange window and make level adjustments until they all sound relatively alike and proceed from there.

"5 tracks of a finished song...."

are you suggesting i automate the tracks one after the other in the arrange window and then bounce each region by cycling over the region once the volume level is satisfactory?

5 tracks as in 5 songs?

Put all the 24bit bounced tracks on their own tracks in Logic, and flip solo buttons until they all have very similar perceived volume. There is no magic process to get audio to the same perceived volume, as meters can not really show how one perceives volume. Using the MultiMeter on your Stereo Out will give some idea, if you look at the darker-blue RMS volume, but your ears will be the final judge.

Once you've done that, then yes, bounce each one by setting the cycle locators and soloing the track, if it's for CD use 16bit with dither.

5 songs.

Thanks that's very helpful. So 3 of my tracks can follow the process you mentioned above as they were composed in logic.

But 2 of the other tracks are of a totally different format. One track is in mp3 and one track is in mp4. Is it possible for me to use the same bounce settings that you have suggested to make the cd (16bit with dither)?

You can convert both files to AIFF or WAV, in fact, Logic will do that automatically, except if the MP3 and M4a were made by Logic itself.

In case there was no automatic conversion: go to the Audio Bin, select your two compressed files and choose Audio Files> Copy/Convert Files from the Local menu in the Bin.

If there is any possibility of you going back to the original projects of the mp3 and m4a, I strongly urge you to do so and bounce a 24bit PCM file (before bouncing to 16bit with dither for the CD).

Erik gave sound advice as to how to get these tracks into a project, but bear in mind that mp3 and m4a are compressed (lossy) audio formats, and so not CD quality. Also, all the extra conversion of putting them in a project and then bouncing and converting again, could well degrade their quality even more.