Should I uninstall logic?

GaoFeng

So I recently converted to Mac. The school I work for let me use one of their copies of logic pro to install on my computer. So I took all the disks home and the first time, after about an hour, I was told there was a "failure". I tried again and it seemed to get further, but again there was a failure. I did this a couple more times. When I finally opened up logic I noticed there were a few thousand apple loops missing so I tried again. The disks seemed to understand some of the loops were already installed, and quickly went on to the next, but I am still missing a few of em.

So now I've started to learn how to use logic and twice now, I've encountered total chaos, with every program on my computer opening and closing and finally freezing. And twice my copy of main stage has froze as well.

Also I've tried converting files in Apple Loops utility, but it won't let me. A message comes up and says there isn't enough room on the disk. I've tried saving them in other places but to no avail.

I though using mac products was supposed to be easier? Damn. So far I'm still scratching my head a bit. I haven't really used logic too much, or the computer for that matter, so should I just get rid of it and pay for a digital copy from the app store? I'm assuming that method won't have problems installing like I encountered....

any help is greatly appreciated!

The school I work for let me use one of their copies of logic pro to install on my computer.

The school is in violation of the Apple license agreement and so are you.

so should I just get rid of it and pay for a digital copy from the app store?

Yes!

And you're going to have to wipe your drive and reinstall everything if you want to have a clean system.

1, you CAN completely remove Logic, I've had to do it when my copy installed from the DVD's got confused by an OS issue for being an App Store copy. I wanted to get all associated reciepts etc reset without messing up the installations of the stock content (which also have reciepts etc in place), and found the instructions :

Uninstalling Logic Studio