Changing Song Key

Danevane

I am working off Logic 9. I made a transition on 2 songs from 90 BPM to 80 BPM, used the acapella from a 90 BPM track on a 80 BPM beat. The key on the songs are different. Is there anyway to match the Key of the songs so they sound smooth ?

I am working off Logic 9. I made a transition on 2 songs from 90 BPM to 80 BPM, used the acapella from a 90 BPM track on a 80 BPM beat. The key on the songs are different. Is there anyway to match the Key of the songs so they sound smooth ?

Yes, transpose one of 'm. So you'll have to find out which key both are in, and hope they are similar (both major, or both minor. If it's major and minor you'll have to transpose to the parallel key sig of either signature (3 semitones or a small third down from the major, or 3 semitones or a small third up from the minor key; so, for instance, the minor parallel of C = Am, the major parallel of Em = G) Then you'ld have to change either track to match the key signature of the other. If your tracks are all audio and the key difference is more than 3 semitones, you may get artifacts from transposing it... matching key signatures is best done before doing anything else.

It is hard to give more specific advice without knowing what your project looks like, you don't say if it is all audio, all midi, or a mixture of both. Also it is not completely clear what the different tempi that you mention have to do with key signatures... it is almost as if you are looking to alter those too, and not the key signature... or are you looking to change both key and tempo?