Audio regions move 5 half frames early after record?

Studio3

Recently, Logic has begun moving any audio record regions 5 half frames early after record. If I'm zoomed in enough I can see it physically jump left as soon as I punch out. It's annoying and easy to move back, but has anyone seen this before? I've tried looking in pref's for latency issues, but it's is not while I'm recording, only when I punch out. Thanks in advance if anyone has seen this or knows how to fix.

MM

Weird that I'd never changed this, it just did it on it's own?

I've heard that before. Moving it by accident would make more sense, but who knows.

It recently happened to me for the first time and I know I did not change the setting in Preferences. So something strange is going on here with Logic.

It recently happened to me for the first time and I know I did not change the setting in Preferences. So something strange is going on here with Logic.

Yeah, I remember you mentioning that recently in one of your posts...I wonder what triggers it http://statics.soniccdn.com/images/smilies/eusa_think.gif

J.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I'm late but I hope this helps someone. Sorry for using bold, but it's just quicker to pull you into my point!

I've had this problem for a while, also.

A latency settings change, while helping MIDI response, killed the Liquid mix.

What i've found is that although Logic is known for keeping everything synched up… it's been a little slack lately.

I mix as I record and found that the more tracks I recorded, the more latent each new track became and I had to add more and more delay until I found I was manually SHIFTING audio files. I generally run up to 48 tracks of audio, so it becomes a problem I suspect but haven't tested, that running the 32 bit server makes this worse (but 64bit mode makes my menu's disappear).

If you've got active plug in's while recording, the recorded audio file will delay by the amount of total latency resulting more and more delay on each new audio file. As i'm a percussionist, this really really sucks so I got around this by changing the way I recorded.

Workarounds:

Without plug ins (not bypassed but without)

Latency Safe Mode on

Bounce of the arrangement and record audio tracks in a new project (this is best for many reasons).

I also use external reverb just for tracking

I hope that helps someone.

a.b

Sorry, for the smaal information... the problem just accure i didnt change anything. some regions heft suddenly a delay before the start playing...the are a half frame to late..

If got a Logic 9.1.7 (1700.57) running in 64-bit on a MacPro 2x2.4 GHZ Quad-Core Intel Xeon with 8Gb RAM