Hello New to Forum! Help creating specific sound

Hey Forum,

Just new to the forum, it's an awesome community online where help is easily obtained. Big ups to the owner of the website :mrgreen:

What I need help is to get this sound in Mark Knight's track :: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dB_jb5uk4tw

Specifically the synth/bass sound that comes in at 2:30 in the background. Not the sub bass but the higher sounding bass stabs.

If anyone could help me out that would be great :D

Thanks guys!

Not sure what sound you mean... Is it about these off-beat short single and double chords? Its just some filtered sawtooth, I think. Some fourths, g and d. You should be able to get this sort of sound using ES1 or ES2, even ES P is sufficient. Try the attached Channel Strip setting. Play D3 and G3 simultaneously.

Conscindo.cst

Hey Jope thanks for the reply

Yes its exactly those, I have the notes on lock down but making the exact sound is a challenge I've been trying to overcome the past 3-4 hours. Unfortunately the .Cst file isn't opening in Logic. I'm running version : 9.1.6

Anything that can be done?

Thanks again

Rev. Juda thanks it did end up working.

Jope the sound is alike somewhat but it doesn't have that beefyness to it. How do suggest I do that? Should sound the same as Mark Knights stab at the end or very similar. I tried adding a little reverb to it but it doesn't do much in terms of richening the sound.

Thanks!

Jope the sound is alike somewhat but it doesn't have that beefyness to it. How do suggest I do that?

Since you wrote you have experimented for a while, I don't have an easy answer either. Maybe it's a matter of the filter; you could try those of ES1 or ES2. Or maybe you get off with some EQing.

Jope the sound is alike somewhat but it doesn't have that beefyness to it.

Play D3 and G3 simultaneously.

The notes will be displayed D2 and G2 unless you've changed the display preferences to display middle C as C4. Jope's css file is pretty close. Try using an ES2 where two oscillators play the two sawtooths at the 4th interval so you only play the D2. Then carefully try to match the mix of the oscillators to what you hear in the song.

Play D3 and G3 simultaneously.

The notes will be displayed D2 and G2 unless you've changed the display preferences to display middle C as C4.

I dunno. I just looked what the Transport window displayed when I played the notes, but it was late. I'm always confused with note numbers and names and this ''' stuff. :oops:

Oh, and if you like playing around, and since it is a rhythmically used sound, you could also try Ultrabeat. It has two oscillators that can produce sawtooth-like waves and can be tuned to the two abovementioned notes and also a versatile filter.