Stuck on project loading...

takoyaki

Stuck on the grey "Loading "abcd" progress bar when opening a session. The bar is at the end like the project just about to open but no go.

This happens occasionally and its frustrating. Have to force quit and even then the project still won't open. It usually occurs with one project only.

OT: Also why does Logic always try to open the last session I was in automatically when I open Logic from the dock? I don't want it to open anything. I want to select the project myself.

Thanks

New Mac Mini Server

Logic 9.1.7

Edited by takoyaki

It could be a corrupt 3rd party plug-in. Try this:

In Logic's toolbar, click Preferences > Audio, then choose Devices > Core Audio and deselect the "Enabled" checkbox. Click Apply at the bottom of the preference window.

Then try to open your project. Does it open? If yes, it could be a 3rd party plug-in causing the issue. You can save a copy of your project and start removing 3rd party plug-ins to troubleshoot further and find the culprit plug-in (if any).

Thanks. Actually this happened to me before and I just realized I fixed it by deleting all Logic plist files including even the locked plist files. Weird.

EDIT: Hmm that trick didn't work this time. I'll try your method.

OT: Why does Logic always try to open the last session I was in automatically when I open Logic from the dock? I don't want it to open anything. I want to select the project myself.

It opened. Actually import wouldn't work. Had to click add. I guess the greyed out boxes were things it couldn't add for whatever reason.

I noticed that this is the only song that's really loaded with lots of stuff including vocals (real audio files) that the other projects didn't really have.

Could be an overload issue?

The greyed out options mean they do not "apply"; for example, the fact that all your "sends" boxes are greyed out tells me you simply don't have any sends in that project.

The Add button refers to whatever you've selected in the column above. Import Project Settings imports, euh, well, Project Settings. They are a separate thing from all the other stuff.

http://documentation.apple.com/en/logicpro/usermanual/Art/S10/S1049_SET_Sync.png

http://documentation.apple.com/en/logicpro/usermanual/index.html#chapter=43%26section=0%26tasks=true

Could be an overload issue?

What could be an overload issue? Overload is a word mainly used to refer to CPU overload, during playback. Any sort of memory or RAM issue (which is what I for now assume you mean by overload) would have already surfaced whilst creating the project. What's more, Logic will tell you if there's insufficient memory to load...

Extra question: was this project created with Logic in 32 bit mode or in 64 bit mode? And to which is Logic set now?

Was created in 32 and its still in 32.

Read this on Apple*

* While most 32-bit plug-ins should work with the 32-bit Audio Unit Bridge solution, not all plug-ins may be compatible.
Should I be using Logic in 64 mode? I'm using mostly Logic and Native Instrument instruments.

Read this on Apple*
* While most 32-bit plug-ins should work with the 32-bit Audio Unit Bridge solution, not all plug-ins may be compatible.
Should I be using Logic in 64 mode? I'm using mostly Logic and Native Instrument instruments.

Should? can't say... but on second thought, yes. If you have 3 GB of RAM or more it can make a difference, and there's no reason not to if you only use 64 bit plugins - all Logics' plugins are 64 bit, and lots of NI stuff is too. Do however check that all your NI stuff is 64 bit though, you do not want to use the 32 bit plugin bridge if you don't have too (it works, but it slows down the workflow and crashes occasionally.)

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=52244&start=240#p416317

However, I do concur with Davids' conclusion that you probably have a corrupt project here. Unfortunately, this does happen sometimes. Luckily, it is almost always salvageable using the selective track import feature.

Thanks guys..

Btw, today I came back to that same project that was giving me troubles above. As you know I opened a blank project and imported everything as suggested. It opened up successfully. So today the same thing happened again on the same project even though it wasn't the original file that I opened up. It happened with the new project I created from the previously messed up project's files.

Don't you think thats odd considering that folder and project had nothing to do with the messed up project?

Fortunately I was able to open this newly messed up project using one the .bak files.

So I can eventually open these weird projects that are breaking either by opening a .bak file or by locating the broken project and importing all the data into a blank project it seems.

What I'm concerned about it why this is happening and only to one particular project. It obviously has to do with an instrument or a plug.

I have attached a screenshot of the mixer window so that maybe you could help me determine what it is that might be causing the problem. Please make sure to click the image to expand it.

I can't simply one-by-one turn off a plug/instrument to troubleshoot the problem myself because this doesn't happen all the time. Happens only once in a while.

What do you think?

646745087_ScreenShot2012-05-31at12_58_31PM.thumb.png.6b199ad240325b22ab70e4b6ca109a6a.png