Shivermetimbers moonlighting at the Huffington Post?

Scott Jackson,

Looks like that Huffing post bit is about Obama and gay pride. I didn't realize you had such an interest. :shock:

I didn't realize that Obama had such an interest until I read the article. But let's face it, he's only interested in the votes....or is it something else? Maybe he's stepping out on Michelle when he's claiming to attend an "urgent" meeting in the oval orifice....ehem, I mean office, with his "advisors".

The oval office after midnight. Emergency homeland security meeting.

I thought Shiv only supported Republican homosexuals?

We all should take an interest. I may be a white straight male, but I support any struggle for more freedom & rights for black and/or female and/or homoseksual humans, animals and plants. I too applaud Obama for being very clear on this issue.

Please Americans, re-elect the man. He's the best thing ever to happen to post-WO-II USA/ the world.

Please, he's just another head of the hydra.

And as for post WWII leaders, what about Obama being the first US President to sanction the assassination of a US citizen, somehow getting away with completely ignoring the man's constitutional rights? What about all the "black site" prisons that continue to operate and hold kidnapped prisoners with zero regard for international law? What about all the innocent dead who happened to be too close to one of his drone assassinations in Yemen or Pakistan? He is not only continuing, but expanding upon the dubious use of a president's emergency powers in war that Bush Jnr. began.

Best thing my arse.

Bowie, Madonna, GaGa, Obama all jumped on the 'let's promote gayness' bandwagon in order to win over a fan base to help advance a personal queer ... I mean career. Like the religions promising you salvation and eternal life if you support and give money.

It's all bullshit.

When one person gets away with deciding for millions based on his/her personal feelings, then a system fails.

The Law of the Jungle is what rules. Even if the weak find a way to overcome the strong, the same situation will eventually rise up and the vicious circle will continue.

Rather than jump on a soapbox and preach about things, I will be content to write music.

Um, promoting gayness?

I don't think anyone has told us that we should be gay.

I'm particularly impressed with the recent move in hip-hop to become more enlightened and grow up from often stone-age values.

So, Shiv, you're not a fan of protest songs then? Is Bob Dillon too preachy?

Personally, I think that politics and current affairs are fair game for musicians, in true time-honoured troubadour and bardic tradition.

Um, promoting gayness?

I don't think anyone has told us that we should be gay.

I'm particularly impressed with the recent move in hip-hop to become more enlightened and grow up from often stone-age values.

So, Shiv, you're not a fan of protest songs then? Is Bob Dillon too preachy?

Personally, I think that politics and current affairs are fair game for musicians, in true time-honoured troubadour and bardic tradition.

I didn't mean to offend you if you are gay. No one is telling you to be gay. If you like being gay, then enjoy it. :mrgreen:

What I meant was that the artists I mentioned promoted the attitude of "We love gay people, so now give me your money!"

Protest songs? Bob Dillion?

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/36741933/ns/today-entertainment/t/mitchell-dylans-fake/#.T9yxiRy5Pvk

Many 'time honored traditions' make absolutely no sense to me.

I didn't mean to offend you if you are gay. No one is telling you to be gay. If you like being gay, then enjoy it. :mrgreen:

I'm thinking of becoming gay, you know, for the environment.

What I meant was that the artists I mentioned promoted the attitude of "We love gay people, so now give me your money!"

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/36741933/ns/today-entertainment/t/mitchell-dylans-fake/#.T9yxiRy5Pvk

Well, I never liked Dillon that much to be honest, Joni Mitchell is way cooler. I wouldn't be suprised if he was just another egocentric fake, like Lennon. Stardom seems to attract those kinds of people.

I think you're right to a large extent, unfortunately. It probably is a marketing excersice for a lot of these people. Sad thing is, we won't know when someone is genuinely standing up for people's rights.

Obama is supporting gays now because he knows that the polls support this position. The majority is on his side and that's always a good time for a politico to make their move. The fact that public opinion tipped the balance is at least as relevant as the fact that he said what he said.

I think this is a move that he wanted to make and so his speech came across as very sincere, not grandstanding, which doesn't hurt either.

I'm thinking of becoming gay, you know, for the environment.

The Environment? Don't tell Ski or Fader8. Next thing you know you will be getting invited to one of their all night parties. There will be singing, dancing, fighting and f %#king. The only problem with that is it will only be the three of you.

Well, I never liked Dillon that much to be honest, Joni Mitchell is way cooler. I wouldn't be suprised if he was just another egocentric fake, like Lennon. Stardom seems to attract those kinds of people.

I think you're right to a large extent, unfortunately. It probably is a marketing excersice for a lot of these people. Sad thing is, we won't know when someone is genuinely standing up for people's rights.

Is it their rights or their wants?

I mean, look at all the Zombie movies or something like 'The Invasion Of The Body Snatchers.' Eventually the world is taken over by what is to considered to be evil. If you were the last one standing, would you fight or give in? I guess you already answered that. But all seriousness aside, gayness and perversion have been around forever. Most non-gay people hated it as did some of the farm animals. Nowadays, it's gone far beyond all the bad things and the fight is about getting insurance for your partner.

Anything, good or bad, that costs the government money will eventually be taken away from the public. No matter what we do as the 'public,' the government will find a way to relieve us of any money we try to make.

The Environment? Don't tell Ski or Fader8. Next thing you know you will be getting invited to one of their all night parties. There will be singing, dancing, fighting and f %#king. The only problem with that is it will only be the three of you.

Telephone Transcript, June 16th, 2012, 11:52 AM PST

Ski: Hey, Fader8, how's it going?

F8: Pretty good.

Ski: Got a second?

F8: Sure.

Ski: Just a little FYI that shivermetimbers "outed" us on the forum.

F8: What a douche.

Ski: Yeah, he also said that Madonna, Bowie, and Lady GaGa are just pretending to like gay people so they can sell more records

Ski: Yeah, he also implied that stardom is something that people are attracted to, as opposed to, you know, that some people actually have real star quality and the drive to become a great entertainer or artist, you know?

Ski: Funny, I thought you might elaborate a bit more instead of just saying "what a douche" over and over again.

F8: Nah, what more is there to say? Not telling you anything you don't already know.

Ski: Y'know, you're right.

(Together): "What a douche".

But all seriousness aside, gayness and perversion have been around forever. Most non-gay people hated it as did some of the farm animals.

I don't think that's true, look at early civilisations like the Athenians, Spartans and Romans (from which not only do we get a huge deal of intellectual advancement thanks to Arabs preserving their knowledge while Christians burnt libraries full of the stuff, but also the American political system and public architecture also derive huge inspiration from them), same sex relationships had no social taboo in those cultures. The black-and-white sexual "morals" of the Abrahamic faiths (Judaism, Christianity and Islam) are a more recent development in humanity's history, and we have no way of knowing what sexual attitudes were like before written history.

Even the word "perverse" in a sexual context is a product of those stuffy Victorians. Us primates are a randy bunch, and homosexual activity is not just the prerserve of homo sapiens.

I understand if you follow a holy book, you have to repeat what the book tells you, but for anyone else, I can't imagine a valid argument for not letting any relationship have the same standing in law (animal cruelty laws withstanding).

No matter what we do as the 'public,' the government will find a way to relieve us of any money we try to make.

Of course, it's their job to screw us over.

Oh, and for the record, I'd totally fight the zombies.

Yeah, he also implied that stardom is something that people are attracted to, as opposed to, you know, that some people actually have real star quality and the drive to become a great entertainer or artist, you know?

C'mon, if we can't be bitter toward those more successful than us, who can we be bitter about?

...oh yeah; those gays always wanting "rights" and getting pop stars to pretend to not hate them :mrgreen: