Flatten Quick Swipe Comping: no Xfades? [SOLVED]

tsm181

I'm going through the Logic Pro 9 and Logic Express 9 book and just did the part on quick swipe comping. When I flatten the region after selecting the parts from various recordings that I want, there are no crossfades shown on the flattened region. Do you think this is a bug or is there a preference or something that I have to uncheck in order for the cross fades to automatically be made? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Make sure you choosing "Flatten" and not "Flatten and Merge". Flatten-and-Merge will create a comp that does not show the fades that were applied.

The adjustments for Comp Fades are in Preferences/ Audio/ General/.

hope that helps.

Yitz

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I'm definitely choosing flatten. I also tried flatten and merge to see if that did anything different. But no fades on either. I checked the fade preferences and didn't see anything to turn fades on/off. If anyone else has any suggestions, please let me know. Thanks.

Hi tsm181,

Sorry to hear you ran into some problems while working with my book, I'm glad to hear that resetting your preferences fixed it - and thank you for updating your own thread with your fix! Hope you enjoy the book, don't hesitate to ask here if you have more questions or issues with the exercises.

Wasn't sure how to write solved next to the original title

I took care of it for you. :wink: