another PT vs L9 thread, but...

first, am a diehard logic person. it's what i use, and what i know. i love working in logic, and mostly, all is well.

my production partner is trying to get us to move to PT10; he wants us to be 'more compatible' with the studio we work at (i do a lot of vocal recording there, and mix at home in logic; so i am working with wav files exported from PT).

but...sometimes we go BACK to the studio to fine-tune a mix. so his idea is, we work in PT, and can bring our sessions back&forth.

my one thing is...logic X (or 10, or...whatever). have been holding out for that, hoping some new functions, new...anything will make it a more logical (pun intended) move. but who knows when we'll see LX? damn apple....

any thoughts? anyone else holding their breath on the next L? i know, if i move to PT, will do it fully; i don't want to work in 2 DAWS, i want life simpler...

Not sure what LX has to do with any of your situation. You can't bank on what, for all intents and purposes, doesn't exist. You can't get your hands on it, no one's spilling the beans about what it will be like or when it will come out. The only thing that you can predict with a fair amount of certainty is that the first releases of LX will be buggy. That's the case with every "v1.0" version of software. And if you're smart, when/if LX comes out, you'll wait at least 6 months before you commit to using it full time. Sure, get it, but install it in a way (if possible) where you can maintain your existing, functioning, stable L9 system. Remember, you can bank on is lots of people being willing guinea pigs and jumping on it right away, maybe even trashing L9 in the process. And in very short order they'll report all the inevitable problems with LX the forums which you can keep track of in the meantime. Meanwhile, you're NOT being the guinea pig and continuing to work with a stable, functioning L9 system.

Lemme ask you... why should the onus be on you to adopt PT? Why can't he learn to use Logic? If what you guys are doing is vocal recording, both DAWs record audio equally well. At the end of the day, audio recording and editing is pretty much identical between DAWs. What is there aside from recording, editing, cross fading, flexing, etc.?

Food for thought...

Food for thought...

thanx for a good meal... :mrgreen:

am really the techie in this partnership. the 'outside' studio is all PT, but we like it, and the engineer has become essential there. bringing vocals back, bringing them into logic...no problem really. and exporting to audio, and bringing THOSE files back to the studio is ok (obviously harder to, for example, change a bassline or snare sound if working from audio).

but, anyway, am gonna stay with logic, and the working situation i have.

truth about the next logic; i WILL install it, and (unless i can't use any essential plugins), will move to it fully pretty quickly. i ALWAYS do that, and it makes life...interesting (at the very least). anyway, who know when that will be.... :roll: