How do you work quickly on many region volume levels?

Eric Wikman

I'm embarassed to say this but I've never thought of using Hyperdraw that way! :oops: That's a great suggestion David. It's a bit like the PT trim tool when used like that. They even merge nicely if you rejoin the regions, unlike what happens with TBA.

Yes, but it is still automating your volume fader. So don't mix that with TBA or your faders won't know what to do and will jump all over the place! :wink:

So don't mix that with TBA or your faders won't know what to do and will jump all over the place! :wink:

Yes, that's why I usually only use TBA. But this has got me thinking about how to acurately convert that "Trim tool" style of automation back into TBA. I noticed that once you rejoined the regions and convert, the TBA has all these ramps UNLESS you double click first on one of the level lines in Hyperdraw before the conversion... that seems to put all the right nodes in place and then you're free to convert the whole thing to TBA. In fact, if you option drag the whole batch of regions to a duplicate track first, you can join those and do the convert and still keep your orginal regions... although that's alot easier with midi since there's no need to create a new audio file on the rejoin. hmmm.... I wonder if there's a way to do this conversion easily with audio without too much mucking about?