Seriously confused...

jonwade92

I'm trying to set up mainstage 2 to use live with my band. We have a lot of orchestral sections in our music, so we need a backing track, which I have already set up, as well as a click track that I can send to at least the drummer's in ear monitors. I figured out the basics of this after quite a bit of research, but I have hit a roadblock. We have quite a few time signature and tempo changes within our songs, and I have absolutely no idea how to program those changes into mainstage. Do I have to do this through logic, and if so how? Or is there a way to program these changes directly in mainstage?

Note that this method is about bringing in an audio file of your recorded click track into MainStage, not about setting MainStage's click to follow a tempo map.

Go to this link for detailed instructions: https://sites.google.com/site/mfalab/logic/clicks-in-logic/how-to-make-a-click-track-in-logic

Don't worry about the UREI metronome - just use the Klopfgeist.

Once you have your click recorded in Logic, you can bring it over as an audio file to MainStage and place it in a Playback plug-in. You may need a measure or two of click before the song start to help the drummer.