system overload on new 2012 MBP

clearitup

rMBP, 16gb ram, SSD, 2.7ghz Lion 10.74 Logic 9.1.7 64bit mode

I've imported one project file from my MacPro early 08 and have been running into some issues.

1.) "System overload. The audio engine was not able to process all required data in time (-10011)"

Stops playback, I can hit play and the song will continue. I received this error on the MP once in a while but didn't expect it on the new machine

i/o buffer size : happens on both 64 and 128 , seems to be the same frequency

2.) I get the following two errors before hitting play (doesn't happen on new project files.. just the one I copied over from the other machine): "Directory not found. result code= -120" and "Fade Update Failed. (error - 120)"

I never received this error on my other machine. The project file is stored on the mbp ssd.

Any ideas?

"System overload. The audio engine was not able to process all required data in time (-10011)"

Stops playback, I can hit play and the song will continue. I received this error on the MP once in a while but didn't expect it on the new machine

What does your CPU meter look like at the time of the alert?

I get the following two errors before hitting play (doesn't happen on new project files.. just the one I copied over from the other machine): "Directory not found. result code= -120" and "Fade Update Failed. (error - 120)"

Choose Options > Audio > Delete All Fade Files, then play the project again.

Hi David, Thank you for your quick reply and time.

The cpu meters are jumping around a bit and activity monitor shows +200% cpu usage. cpu hits red in the transport bar

I tried to delete all fade files and I still get the same two pop ups. If I delete them Twice in a row, both pop ups stop when I try to play until I save again. Once I save, I get the same issue until I delete all fade files twice.

I'm also getting a pop up when I save

" saving spool file/ entry not in queue

result code =-1

File= project file backups"

This is only on the imported file project and not new projects made on this machine.

The project file is stored on the mbp ssd.

Any ideas?

projects on external, not internal

I think you were right. the new machines must have been looking for at least some of the files on the network drive.

I tried loading the files without the network drive on, the files still played. I also confirmed they were on the ssd.

So I deleted everything and re copied the project. Now it works without fault.

The cpu still gave overload while playing but I'm one step closer.

I thank you for your time and support. Wow, very much relived.