Trying to re-install logic from apple store

SoSpiro

....but when i dragged logic in the trash and went to the apple store to re-install it, the only option available is to BUY it.

I definitely do not want to buy the whole program again, but the "re-install" option doesn't appear when i drag my old version in the trash.

when i have my old logic in my applications folder, the apple store displays the "installed" icon without any other options.

I am hesitant to just click buy now and sign in using my MAC ID as you would understand....

Perhaps a call to Apple directly will help you get to the bottom of the situation. Meanwhile, why are you re-installing the program? Is there some situation you had that made you think re-installing was the only option? (Usually it's not, and that's why I'm asking).

Perhaps a call to Apple directly will help you get to the bottom of the situation. Meanwhile, why are you re-installing the program? Is there some situation you had that made you think re-installing was the only option? (Usually it's not, and that's why I'm asking).

yea, this thread basically.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=85070&p=444599#p444599

basically some instruments were missing extensions, i renamed them, not working, indexed spotlight, still doesn't work, i need to reinstall instruments

Can you reinstall the instruments without trashing the Logic app itself?

Also, I don't want to start referencing things you wrote about in another thread because it's just gonna make this one confusing to read, but I'll just touch on one thing... In your other thread you said that Logic quit unexpectedly. That's definitely not a reason to reinstall the whole program; Logic can quit for any number of reasons that have nothing to do with (say) a flaw in the application's code (as it's written on the HD) that can only be made right by reinstalling. So try (if possible) to reinstall the instruments. They have no connection to (and are not built into) the Logic application itself. The EXS instruments are located in a wholly different location than the Logic app, so I don't think that trashing the app will help you.

yea thats what i was going to do....just reinstall the instruments only, not logic itself.

however, when you click re-install in the app store, it should bring up options of what you want to intall (logic app + sound packs & instruments), i was only going to check the instruments. i only said re-install logic because essentially it is the same process if i am re-installing from the store.

thanks though, i guess im gonna give apple a call...