a quick tip on beginner mastering

so I've finished this track I made in Logic. and it's sure can be mastered a little bit to sound better. what are the basics stuff I need to do to export the song?

for example, stereo spread should be only on the singing or on the whole output?

thanks

for example, stereo spread should be only on the singing or on the whole output?

thanks

A question like this is a mixing question, not a mastering question.

Mastering is the process of optimizing a track as a whole for optimal volume while retaining desired dynamics and keeping the mix focused on the right frequency ranges. Sometimes a mastering engineer will come back in and excite certain harmonics or add some stereo depth, but usually this is left to the mixing.

The thing is, mastering isn't something that can really be learned overnight, in a week or even in a few months. You can slap compressors, multipressors, EQs and limiters on anything but if you don't know what you're doing, you're simply going to change what the track sounds like but not accomplish much.

I suggest watching a series like

and for now, get your stuff mastered by someone else who knows what they're doing. Otherwise, if you just need to compete for loudness, slap an adaptive limiter on and gain it. The result won't be pleasant but it'll be much more normalized than your dry mix.