Newb copy & paste problem

hira78

i dont know how to do a 'screenshot'

Shift+Command+4

Your pointer will turn into a cross hair. Place it in one corner of the area you want to capture. Click/hold and drag to select the area you want to show us. Let go of the mouse. The image file will end up on your desktop. You can upload it to this thread using the Upload attachment button when posting a reply.

basically i'm copying the hats and instead of green they are purple??

In the Piano Roll check what your color preference is under View. You've probably got it set to Velocity Colors as opposed to Region Colors which I am guessing is what you are expecting.

But the weird part is that you said the purple notes don't sound. The Velocity is low but you should still hear the note.

You can increase the Velocity in the Piano Roll using the Velocity Tool or in the Event List using the Pointer Tool.

1734491248_Picture4.png.4da691960ccecdb7df16154867981d57.png

I've changed the velocity colour to region colour & the blocks are still purple

btw, i have a windows keyboard & mouse at the moment so that command is not working for me regarding the snapshot.

I've only just started with mac's, but already know that i want to pursue logic so will be getting some new gear real soon :)

i have a windows keyboard & mouse at the moment so that command is not working for me regarding the snapshot.

You have another option for screenshots. In Applications>Utilities there is a utility called Grab. Launch that and you can make screenshots with it.

I've changed the velocity colour to region colour & the blocks are still purple

I noticed from your Signature that you are on Logic v9.0.0. That version was buggy. I would update to Logic v9.1.5.

Logic Pro 9.1.1 through 9.1.6 updates